Re: [Condor-users] parallel universe and sshd.sh

Hi,

Yes, I am using NFS.

I'm interested in your modified sshd.sh (maybe something could help me...)

By the way, I already touched it a bit : for example, it couldn't find the "mkdir" and "sleep" commands (probably the $PATH isn't set anywhere, or it doesn't pick it where it should), but this is a minor problem, that I could solve...

++
Nicolas

----------------
On Wed, 31 May 2006 10:12:27 -0600
rnayar@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Nicolas,
>
> Hey buddy, just curious how is your grid setup? Are you using a shared
> filesystem? Not to long ago I was running MPI jobs in the parallel universe
> without the use of a shared filesystem. I do recall seeing some of the things
> you listed while trouble shooting the problem. Greg Thain and myself were able
> to haxor Condor and the sshd to make it work. I can provide the modifications
> as soon I can.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Danny Nayar
> New Mexico State University
>

> Quoting Nicolas GUIOT <nicolas.guiot@xxxxxxx>:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I'm coming back on this issue.
> >
> > In the sshd.sh script I have by default (6.7.18, yeah I know, I plan to
> > upgarde soon...), this line is already replaced with
> >
> > 	if grep "Server listening" sshd.out > /dev/null 2>&1
> >
> > But I still have a problem, and very strange things :
> > - First, I had to modify the sshd command line, since I'm in debian stable,
> > and sshd is only 3.8.x, and doesn't understand  "-oAcceptEnv" , so I removed
> > it : Maybe it's the reason to my problem (if so, do you know a way to
> > workaround this ?)
> >
> > - Then, when I submit the job, it says it's running (condor_q state is R),
> > but when I check on the node, I have the following things :
> >
> > guiot@seurat:~/divers/MD$ tail -f
> > /ibpc/charon/condor/execute/dir_28262/sshd.out
> > Disabling protocol version 1. Could not load host key
> > Bind to port 4465 on 0.0.0.0 failed: Address already in use.
> > Cannot bind any address.
> >
> > guiot@seurat:~/divers/MD$ tail -f
> > /ibpc/charon/condor/execute/dir_28264/sshd.out
> > Disabling protocol version 1. Could not load host key
> > Server listening on 0.0.0.0 port 4468.
> >
> > So, as you can see : 1 of the process seems to be fine, and the other not,
> > but in truth, if I check a "ps ax|grep sshd", I can see none of them running
> > (or just the one trying to be created, which changes constantly)
> >
> > #ps ax|grep sshd
> >   758 ?        Ss     0:03 /usr/sbin/sshd
> > 10819 ?        Ss     0:00 sshd: root@pts/0
> > 28727 ?        SN     0:00 /usr/sbin/sshd -p4474
> > -oAuthorizedKeysFile=/scratch/condor/execute/dir_28262/tmp/0.key.pub
> > -h/scratch/condor/execute/dir_28262/tmp/hostkey -De -f/dev/null
> > -oStrictModes=no -oPidFile=/dev/null
> >

> > and if I check again for the process which was fine (tail sshd.out), it keeps
> > telling me it's fine, but it's listening on a new port !!?!?!
> >
> > So : Is this related to the changes I had to make (-oAcceptEnv), or is it
> > something really apart ? What could I check to solve this ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Nicolas
> >

> > > Unfortunately the jobs starts 'running' but is blocked. For some reason
> > > it starts some connections, but does not seem to recognize them (and
> > > then try with a next new port, again and again). I tried to look at the
> > > files and find out what might be the reason for this. In
> [...]

CNRS - UPR 9080 : Laboratoire de Biochimie Theorique
Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique
13 rue Pierre et Marie Curie
75005 PARIS - FRANCE

Tel : +33 158 41 51 70