From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Hess
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 2:51 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Regarding customization of Installation on
Condor

Hi !

As I have not done the installation myself, I asked the Desktop people
how they deployed our ~1300 PCs Windows.
This was the answer:

1  Extract the contents of the original condor client .exe - this
provided us with a setup.exe and a load of other files used for
installing the client - if I remember correctly there was no extraction
switch - so I ran the exe and when it started asking for info I found
all the extracted contents in my user profiles temp folder - I then
copied the contents to a safe location 'cause the installer deletes it
when it's finished or cancelled
2  On a clean or virtual PC - run the setup.exe using the /r option to
create a setup.iss file - the /r option is a recorder that records all
your configuration needs into the .iss file - if you make a mistake or
want to modify an option you can edit the iss file with a text editor
3  Copy the iss file to the same folder as the setup.exe - the iss file
is normally created at %WIN%
4  Run the setup.exe /s - this then installs the client silently using
the iss file
- normally we check for a successful install by checking the exitcode of
the setup.exe - in condor's case an exitcode=4243784 seems to indicate
success instead of the usual 0
5  Copy the modified condor_config.local file into place and restart the
condor service

Hope this is from any help...

Best regards,

Michael Hess