Re: [Condor-users] Unsubscribe

Hi,
If you stay within your campus network I propose to begin with a pure Condor pool ! It is much simpler to configure and maintain than the full Globus stuff.
We have a big Condor pool of about a 100 machines for scientific computations of all sorts and it fits our needs very well.
Wolf-Dieter

Tobias Pingel wrote:
Hi,

I'm nearly new in Grid-Computing. I collected experiences with MATLAB Distributing Toolbox and some with BOINC.

Now I'm working on a project, it's a parameter study, and so a grid-software would be very suitable. We want to use a Campus-grid for this or a pool of PCs. And while the computers are running in idle time the programm should work on this machines. It's only a "little" project first but could be expanded later on. Because I'm new, I want to ask you which software would be the best for this purpose! The requirements are:

- shortest period of vocational adjustment as possible (if possible ;-))
- easy to handle / install
- Should run in background for windows and/or linux users (the combination of both would be perfect)
- support of written C Program
- suitable for parameter studies
I also read something about Condor and Condor-G, Globus and BOINC. But I couldn't estimate the effort installing/implementing such grid-environments. The Condor software looks very suitable for this solution and with Condor-G you can combine it with Globus... . Or are there other Grid-Middleware solutions for this "problem".

Any advices would be helpful!

With best regards,
Tobias Pingel

_______________________________________________ Condor-users mailing list To unsubscribe, send a message to condor-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxx with a You can also unsubscribe by visiting https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/mailman/listinfo/condor-users The archives can be found at either https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/ http://www.opencondor.org/spaces/viewmailarchive.action?key=CONDOR

--
Dr.W-D Klotz - Europ. Synch. Rad. Facility (ESRF) - 6 r Jules Horowitz, BP 220, 38043 Grenoble,  FRANCE
work: +33(0)4.76.88.29.21 fax:...24.27  mobile: +33(0)6.87.38.59.27