[Condor-users] DNS and Condor

Could someone please explain how to use the ‘no_dns’ setting in the condor_config file?  Every time I set no_dns=true and also set the Default_Domain_Name variable, I get a permission error when I try to start condor.  Is there something else I need to do for this to work?

The reason I’m using this, is to try to get around needing to set static ip’s for all of the machines in my condor pool.  Static ip’s seem to be necessary so firewall rules can be created to allow traffic across the firewall for flocking.

John Alberts
Technical Assistant for EMS
alberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
219-989-2083