Re: [Condor-users] wget-friendly download links?

I faced a similar problem due to non-availability of download links. My download via proxy used to fail frequently midway and I had to retry so many times. So, after reading man pages of wget the following solution using --post-data and --referer arguments of wget worked for me.

wget --post-data="email=<youremail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>&name=<yourname>&org=<yourorg>" --referer=http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/cgi-bin/downloads/download.pl/v6.7 http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/cgi-bin/downloads/sendfile.pl//v6.7/condor-6.7.20-linux-x86-glibc23-dynamic-1.i386.rpm

If the transfer fails, I use "-c" option and wget continues downloading the partially-downloaded file.

The reason why I wanted to use wget instead of browsers is it can continue failed downloads and is better with flaky Internet connections.

I have accepted the license agreement several times during my failed download attempts and I am providing my email and other details while downloading with wget, so I don't think there is any violation. I am not sure if this causes any bandwidth issues. So, I request people to use the above solution only for flaky Internet connections and not to stress the site. I had to look for this workaround as my downloads via my proxy failed so many times. One particular download failed at 99% :-(

Regards,
Sateesh