From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Quinn
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 11:04 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Condor 6.7.20 Released!

John Alberts wrote:
> I wanted to run condor as root.  I already tried --owner=root and
--owner=0.0.  Anyway, I did get it installed using the other installer;
however, it really seems that the old version was packaged instead of
the new version.  I don't see why condor_version would still report
6.7.19, and the modify date also show 5-9-06.

> Can anybody else confirm this?  I used the x86_64 dynamic Linux
tarball.

Hi John,

I've just taken a look at the condor-6.7.20-linux-x86_64-dynamic.tar.gz
package, and the binaries appear to be from the 6.7.20 release, dated
6/21. Are you sure that your install succeeded? If the binaries have in
fact been installed and they're still the old versions, perhaps you
could give us the name and md5sum of the tarball you downloaded and we
can help you diagnose the problem.

Thanks,

Greg Quinn
Condor Team