[Condor-users] Way to check if anything in condor_config changed?

On my cluster there is currently a monitoring perl script running
from the Open Science Grid.  One of the first things it does
every time it starts up is to execute condor_config_val
to see if the GROUP_NAMES and GROUP_QUOTA_* have changed
since last it was run.  Typically I only add group names
and change group quotas every couple of weeks, but this
script is having to query the condor_config several times a minute to check every time.

Is there any way, instead, to cache the output of condor_config_val
plus a timestamp, and just poll condor for a "last time condor_reconfig
was run" or something like that?

Steve Timm

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525  timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Div/Core Support Services Dept./Scientific Computing Section
Assistant Group Leader, Farms and Clustered Systems Group
Lead of Computing Farms Team