[Condor-users] Condor 6.7.20 & BirdBath - java.rmi.RemoteException: Permission denied

Hi folks,

I'm just playing around with the latest version of Condor and I'm attempting to get BirbBath to work. As seems to be the norm, I'm following Matt's slides from Condor week on the initial example just to test the water. At the moment I am receiveing the following error when attempting to begin a Transaction:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Permission denied
at birdbath.Utilities.checkAndThrowRemoteException(Utilities.java:27)
at birdbath.Transaction.begin(Transaction.java:30)

My java code is as follows:

try
   {
            Schedd schedd = new Schedd(new URL("http://myhost:12000"));
            Transaction transaction = schedd.createTransaction();

            transaction.begin (30);
            int cluster = transaction.createCluster();
   }

*Note: I'm currently no further into Matt's example as I cannot get any further than this without throwing an exception.

My condor_config is as follows:

#####################
# BIRDBATH SETTINGS #
#####################
WEB_ROOT_DIR = $(RELEASE_DIR)/web
ENABLE_SOAP = TRUE
ENABLE_WEB_SERVER = TRUE
QUEUE_ALL_USERS_TRUSTED = TRUE
ALLOW_SOAP = *.mydomain
SCHEDD_ARGS = -p 12000

And currently there seems to be nothing of interest regarding the permissions error being logged into the scheddlog. Below is an example scheddlog entry generated when trying to run the above example.

6/26 16:08:25 (pid:652) Received HTTP POST connection from <myipaddress>
6/26 16:08:25 (pid:652) About to serve HTTP request...
6/26 16:08:38 (pid:652) Completed servicing HTTP request

Perhaps some more info that would aid any trouble shooting. This is an example being run on Windows XP SP 2 using the 1.5 JDK, and as mentioned with Condor version 6.7.20.  The Transaction is being started by a client running on the same machine as the birdbath daemons.

If anyone can offer any help, it  would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rob