Re: [Condor-users] keyboard/mouse idle information

Adam Thorn wrote:

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Armen Babikyan wrote:

Change the value of CONSOLE_DEVICES in your config file. Condor will look
at /dev/{things listed as CONSOLE_DEVICES} when it determines the value of
ConsoleIdle exported in each machine's ClassAd.
Is there an easy way to prevent Condor from trying to get this
information?  When I uncomment the variable, or point it to things that
actually exist (e.g. /dev/console), the error still pops up every five
seconds.

You might mean "comment" rather than "uncomment", otherwise that could explain things.. Are you sure it really is set (ie you've issued condor_reconfig or restarted the daemons) and that it's not then being redefined in a different config file (condor_config_val -v CONSOLE_DEVICES)?

Er, right. whoops. I meant "comment out". With CONSOLE_DEVICES commented out:

grid-8:~# ps auxww | grep condor
root     14830  0.0  0.0  52276   744 pts/0    S+   17:11   0:00 grep condor
grid-8:~# condor_config_val -v CONSOLE_DEVICES
Not defined: CONSOLE_DEVICES
grid-8:~# /etc/init.d/condor start
Starting condor:                                           [  OK  ]
grid-8:~# tail -4 /opt/condor/local.grid-8/log/StartLog
3/2 17:13:09 Failed to obtain keyboard or mouse idle information.
3/2 17:13:09 Assuming the keyboard and mouse to be infinitely idle.
3/2 17:13:39 Failed to obtain keyboard or mouse idle information.
3/2 17:13:39 Assuming the keyboard and mouse to be infinitely idle.
grid-8:~#

Even when I do uncomment with the following (that is, make it active), I get the same result:

CONSOLE_DEVICES = console

 - Armen

--
Armen Babikyan