Re: [Condor-users] Library access problem

Erik,

I am still getting the error

condor_exec.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libITKIO.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Here is my submit file

universe = vanilla
executable = ../milxMatrixInversion
log       =  matrix.log
error    =   matrix.error
output   =   matrix.output
enivornment = LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/nfs/mid/projects/Registration/vtkCISG/lib:/nfs/mid/projects/Registration/vtkCISG/tcl/vtkview/include:/usr/local/lib/vtk:/nfs/mid/projects/Registration/vtkCISG/lib:/nfs/mid/homes/sah006/bhautik
arguments = case2-aflr p 1 4
queue

We have a shared NFS file system so no matter where the job runs all paths starting with nfs are accessible to all of the nodes.

the library i am searching for is in /nfs/mid/homes/sah006/bhautik

Any clues ! why this is happening?

Erik Paulson <epaulson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 05:58:51PM -0800, Junaid N. Sahibzada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running a matrix inversion application and for this application i have built some of my own custom built shared object .so libraries.

Are you really sure you want to be inverting a matrix? I admit to knowing
absolutely nothing about what your science is, and I admit to not doing
that well in numerical linear algebra, but I do remember that
inverting a matrix to solve a system of equations is usually not the best
way to do it. But if you're happy with inverting then I'm happy with you
inverting.

> I dont want to install these libraries on all nodes as the system admin wont allow me to do it.
>!
> I have these .so files in my home directory.
>
> Is there any way i can instruct condor to look for these libraries in my home directory irrespective of the node they are executed on?

put
enivornment = LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/your/home/directory

in your submit file

Or, put your job in a wrapper script that sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH before
starting up.

Or, if your home directory is different on each machine, you may need
some help from your condor administrator to put something in the machine
ad so you can use the $$ method of taking attributes out of the machine
ad and putting them into the environment of the machine. You may want to
do this if you want to use different shared libraries based on what
machine you're on (maybe you want AMD-optimized libraries on one machine,
and P4 optimized libraries on another)

Or, statically link.

-Erik