Re: [Condor-users] regarding condor

On Mar 6, 2006, at 4:19 AM, priyadarshini acharya wrote:

hello everybody...i have some queries regarding condor..
1) is it necessary to install condor for each user

You need to install Condor on every machine that you want people to submit from.

2) How the information is collected by deamon condor_collector from other nodes in a pool...i mean what is the mechanism behind this?

The Condor daemons on each node send their information to the collector.

3) can we run MPI jobs in standard universe?

No. You should be able to use the parallel universe to run MPI jobs that do their own checkpointing. It may also work with MPI libraries that do checkpointing, though I don't know if anyone's tried it.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |