From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nicolas GUIOT
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 10:38 AM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] memory "sharing" question

Hi

I have dual CPU computers, with 2 Gb RAM. So the Ad says that each CPU
has 1 Gb : Does that mean that if a process need more memory than 1 Gb,
it won't get it ? or will it get this "over"-memory ?

How would it be possible to declare that a CPU has 2 Gb ?
Because, on the opposite, I have processes which don't use any memory
(or really little), so, in the best world, I could run 2 processes on 2
cpus, one with almost 2 GB Ram, and one with almost nothing. But, I
don't want to book the CPU for only these kinds of jobs, sometimes I
don't have any, so the CPU msut be free for other purposes...

I don't know if I'm clear, I hope you'll catch me, but if you need more
precision, just ask :)

I checked for example on one CPU, and got this :
$ condor_status -l vm1@monceau|grep Mem
VirtualMemory = 975944
Memory = 1013
TotalVirtualMemory = 1951888
TotalMemory = 2027

Maybe you could explain me that, it would be easier...

++
Nicolas
CNRS - UPR 9080 : Laboratoire de Biochimie Theorique
Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique
13 rue Pierre et Marie Curie
75005 PARIS - FRANCE

Tel : +33 158 41 51 70