[Condor-users] Newbie question about Perl programs

I'm getting a prototype condor pool running at work (3 windows
machines), and trying some different test jobs.  I've gotten a simple
executable to work, as well as batch files, but I cannot make a Perl
program run.  I can work around this by making a batch file that calls
the Perl program, and that will run, but I'm wondering if there's a
way just to make the Perl code execute directly.

Here's an example of a submit file that doesn't work:

universe = vanilla
executable = HeyNow.pl
Requirements = OpSys == "WINNT50"

output = HeyNow.out
log = HeyNow.log
error = HeyNow.err

queue

I've tried a couple of other permutations, to no avail.

Thanks!