Re: [Condor-users] Newbie question about Perl programs

> I'm getting a prototype condor pool running at work (3 windows
> machines), and trying some different test jobs.  I've gotten a simple
> executable to work, as well as batch files, but I cannot make a Perl
> program run.  I can work around this by making a batch file that calls
> the Perl program, and that will run, but I'm wondering if there's a
> way just to make the Perl code execute directly.

I wrap my Perl programs in a batch file wrapper using the pl2bat program
(ships with the ActiveState Perl release by default). And then I submit
the .bat program. It hurts your exit codes (.bat files seem to only be
able to exit with a 0 or 1 value). But works well enough.

- Ian