Re: [Condor-users] Newbie Question on Submitting jobs to Condor

Shiv,

> I searched the mailing list for solution to my problem but did not get any
> accurate solutions. That is why I decided to go for a new post.
>
>      I am running condor on 2 windows machines.
> I am trying to execute a simple hello.bat that just echos "Hello World" to
> the console. ( http://www.liv.ac.uk/e-science/condor/hello.html )
>
> My sub file is as:
> universe = vanilla
> requirements = ( Arch=="Intel") && ( OpSys=="WINNT50" )
> executable = hello.bat
> output = hello.out
> errror = hello.err
> transfer_files = ON_EXIT
> log = hello.log
> notification = Error
> queue

You don't need the requirements line in your submit file, because
by default Condor fills in the architecture and operating system you
submit from.  The only time you need this is if your job should run
on a different platform than you're submitting from.

> However whenever I submit jobs to condor, it never gets executed. I get the
> following message when I run condor_q -analyze
> -- Submitter: amritaprasad : <192.168.8.204:1028> : amritaprasad
>  ID      OWNER            SUBMITTED     RUN_TIME ST PRI SIZE CMD
> ---
> 009.000:  Run analysis summary.  Of 2 machines,
>       0 are rejected by your job's requirements
>       2 reject your job because of their own requirements
>       0 match, but are serving users with a better priority in the pool
>       0 match, match, but reject the job for unknown reasons
>       0 match, but will not currently preempt their existing job
>       0 are available to run your job
>         No successful match recorded.
>         Last failed match: Wed Mar 22 10:41:09 2006
>         Reason for last match failure: no match found
>
> WARNING:  Be advised:   Request 9.0 did not match any resource's constraints
>

> Could someone tell me as to why the job is being rejected.  The requirements
> section looks fine to me. I checked this with condor_status -long as
> suggested in one message thread regarding this same question.  condor_status
> -long confirmed the following
> Arch = "INTEL"
> OpSys = "WINNT50"

What *are* the requirements of the machines?

Kent Wenger
Condor Team