From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Froebe, Scott
Sent: March 28, 2006 3:40 PM
To: 'Condor-Users Mail List'
Subject: [Condor-users] Condor 6.7.18 on Windows XP SP2 questions on credd and feedback

After playing with the new release for a few hours I have noted a few things:

- if the firewall service is disabled, the default firewall action (ADD_WINDOWS_FIREWALL_EXCEPTION = True) seems to hang the master (with no rational given), simply adding the key and switching to False fixes it.  Perhaps a check for the service could be used?

- there are no example test cases for noobs to test their setup (MSI nor ZIP)

As for the inclusion of the credd service (from Bristol??) into the main package is greatly appreciated.  The issue I am having right now though is when I enable it, my jobs become rejected based on requirements.  All requirements seem to match up.

---
013.000:  Run analysis summary.  Of 1 machines,
      1 are rejected by your job's requirements
      0 reject your job because of their own requirements
      0 match but are serving users with a better priority in the pool
      0 match but reject the job for unknown reasons
      0 match but will not currently preempt their existing job
      0 are available to run your job

WARNING:  Be advised:
   No resources matched request's constraints
   Check the Requirements _expression_ below:

Requirements = (Arch == "INTEL") && (OpSys == "WINNT51") && (Disk >= DiskUsage)
&& ((Memory * 1024) >= ImageSize) && (HasFileTransfer)

Thanks,
Scott

> Scott Froebe
> Design and Operations Thermalhydraulics
> Fuel Design Branch, SP1F3
> 2251 Speakman Drive
> Mississauga, Ont
> L5K 1B2
> Ph: (905) 823-9060 x 6499
> Fx: (905) 403-7452

CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION NOTICE

This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright, or exempt from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information
may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.

AVIS D'INFORMATION CONFIDENTIELLE ET PRIVILÉGIÉE

Le présent courriel, et toute pièce jointe, peut contenir de
l'information qui est confidentielle, régie par les droits
d'auteur, ou interdite de divulgation. Tout examen,
divulgatio! n, retransmission, diffusion ou autres utilisations
non autorisées de l'information ou dépendance non autorisée
envers celle-ci peut être illégale et est strictement interdite.