Re: [Condor-users] Job Submision based on Hostname

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 05:05:09PM -0400, Natarajan, Senthil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to submit a job targeted to a particular machine.
>
> I tried with Name = "machine name' in the job description, it is not
> working, meaning the job is running on different machine not the one I
> mentioned under the name.
>
> How to specify the job to run on a particular machine.

Three things:

1. Make sure you use "machine name" with the right quotes (you've got them
mixed up above)

2. Remember the classad for a machine has two entries, name and machine:
Name = "vm1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Machine = "node01.cs.wisc.edu"

3. It is not enough to just put the Name="something" into the submission
file, you need to put it as part of the requirements expression:

requirements = TARGET.Machine=="some.hostname.at.my.site"

(note the == instead of the = )
(also, you can usually leave off the TARGET. part, but it's always good
practice to include it)

-Erik