[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Job Submision based on Hostname
- Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 17:03:47 -0500
- From: Erik Paulson <epaulson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Job Submision based on Hostname
On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 05:05:09PM -0400, Natarajan, Senthil wrote:
> How to submit a job targeted to a particular machine.
> I tried with Name = "machine name' in the job description, it is not
> working, meaning the job is running on different machine not the one I
> mentioned under the name.
> How to specify the job to run on a particular machine.
1. Make sure you use "machine name" with the right quotes (you've got them
mixed up above)
2. Remember the classad for a machine has two entries, name and machine:
Name = "vm1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Machine = "node01.cs.wisc.edu"
3. It is not enough to just put the Name="something" into the submission
file, you need to put it as part of the requirements expression:
requirements = TARGET.Machine=="some.hostname.at.my.site"
(note the == instead of the = )
(also, you can usually leave off the TARGET. part, but it's always good
practice to include it)