[Condor-users] any suggestion on random no. seed for CONDOR run

Dear all,

I would like to convert a Fortran program on massive statistical simulation (originally running in a LINUX cluster using embarrassingly parallel execution technique) to be deployed on a farm of student PCs running Windows XP in a laboratory.

The program can be easily converted I believe, however I would like
to seek for any expert advise on assigning a seed for random no. generation, for each program running in individual PC.

I searched on the environment variables in the PC (through typing "set")
but could not find any appropriate. Using the clock time, MAC address or IP address can also be possible. But it is possible to dig out the $(cluster).$(Process) CONDOR value within the program running in individual executing PC?

Thanks in advance.

W.K. Kwan
Computer Centre
University of Hong Kong