Re: [Condor-users] Condor for Mac OSX intel???

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 06:14:18PM +0100, Alan wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I was looking at Condor website and did not see available a version of
> Condor for Mac OSX Intel. I may be wrong.
>
> Any commentary?

We don't yet have a native binary for Intel. The PPC
version will work under Rosetta, so long as it's
started as root. 10.4/Intel changed a system call
that we rely on, so personal Condors will not work.

We'll have a native binary eventually; we're
working under the assumption that there's not
yet a lot of Intel macs in Condor pools, so no
one is really missing it yet. When Apple switches
their tower and server lines to Intel, we think
more people are going to want to run Condor on
Intel macs, but we don't think there's a lot of
pools on Macbooks and mac minis.

-Erik