Re: [Condor-users] DAGMan queue query

On Fri, 26 May 2006, o c wrote:

> My apologies for not consulting the 6.7 docs before
> writing.
>
> Just to beat this question to death some more, am I
> right in saying that I'd only need >=6.7.18 on the
> submit m/c as DAGMan/scheduler universe jobs run
> locally?
>
> The rest of the pool can remain on 6.6.x?

Actually, all you need is the 6.7.18 (or, preferably, 6.7.19)
condor_dagman binary on the submit machine.  You don't need to actually
upgrade the rest of Condor on that machine.

You can just grab the 6.7.18+ condor_dagman binary and either stick it
someplace that's ahead of the "normal" condor directory in your path,
or specify that binary with the -dagman flag on the condor_submit_dag
command line.  For example:

    condor_submit_dag -dagman /dir_with_new_dagman/condor_dagman foo.dag

Kent Wenger
Condor Team