Re: [Condor-users] Evaluating Condor 6.8.2 (GROUP, RANK)

Title: RE: [Condor-users] Evaluating Condor 6.8.2 (GROUP, RANK)

-----Original Message-----
From: demendozar@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:demendozar@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:35 PM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] Evaluating Condor 6.8.2 (GROUP, RANK)

Hello,

I just installed Condor 6.8.2 and I am testing it on a single Windows 2000 machine.

I'm using the installed condor_config file, except for adding/changing the following:
RANK, PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS = TRUE, GROUP_NAMES = group_test1, group_test2, GROUP_PRIO_FACTOR_<groupname>, NEGOTIATIOR_INTERVAL = 30.

I have encountered a few unexpected things/problems.  Could you please answer the following questions?

1. Does GROUP_PRIO_FACTOR_<groupname>  work at all?  When I do condor_userprio -all, I don't see the values
I specify in condor_config, but 1.0 (the default). So, I have to use condor_userprio to manually set the
priority factors.

TESTING RANK:

I set the effective priorities of "group_test1", "group_test2", and "myusername" to be the same.

2. I use RANK = (AccountingGroup == "group_test1")*20 and run a job with +AccountingGroup = "group_test",
but condor_status -l shows CurrentRank = 0.0.  The job from group_test does preempt a job from myusername
not using a group. Why is CurrentRank zero then?

I think you need to use RANK = (AccountinigGroup = "group_test1")*20 (note the single =), otherwise your getting a comparison, and AccountingGroup doesn't equal "group_test1" so you end up with 0*20. Hope that helps.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.