[Condor-users] Condor 6.8.2 Collector question

Hello All,

          Thanks so much for those who have been helping me.

          I have just installed condor on a fresh install of FC5 on two computers, the main computer (192.168.0.100) is the master. Everything has configured up ok, and all the daemons are running (ps –ef | grep condor = master, collector –f, negotiator –f, and schedd –f) on the other computer (192.168.0.101) I have configured condor to be execute only. I start condor on both computers, and I want to see the status to make sure every thing is working correctly. On the execute computer I get an error stating that it is unable to contact the collector at (192.168.0.100) and that I should check to make sure that the collector daemon is running. I do so, but still can not get a connection. I ran a netstat on my condor_master (192.168.0.100) and it tells me that port 9618 is not in use. I do not have a firewall turned on and both computers are connected to a 4 port switch.

          My ps –ef | grep condor, on the condor master tells me that the collector is running, why am I unable to see the port when I run netstat?

          When I did the install (on both computers) it cameback and said it could not determine the IP address of the computers, and suggested set the veriable “NETWORK_INTERFACE=IP ADDRESS” which I did in the bashrc file in /etc/bashrc. If I need to set this someplace else could someone please tell me where?

           If anyone has any ideas on what to try next I am open for options.

          Thanks for all the help. Brent

Brent Snow

SYTACOM Systems Administrator

McGill University