Re: [Condor-users] java_maxheap_argument

On 10/30/06, Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to determine what the correct/suitable value should
> be for the JAVA_MAXHEAP_ARGUMENT variable in the condor_config file? I
> have tried all the values that have been suggested through this list (
> i.e. -Xmx1906m, -Xmx760M).

Have you tried the configuration suggested in the manual?

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_14Java_Support.html

-Greg

Hi  Greg,

Thank you very much for your reply, though I must apologise for my delayed response. I did try that very solution in the manual but to no avail. Any other suggestions? I have since given up on it fortunately because I have enough clients in my pool to be able to sacrifice one, but have come to the conclusion that it is not fault of Condor, possibly some minor fault of the OS; all my other machines have comparable amount of disk space and RAM so I would be surprised if it were a communication error between Java and Condor.

Emily