[Condor-users] quick condor_advertise question

Hi,

I'd like to set up some clusters to advertise their
resources using condor_advertise but for security
reasons I would prefer that they can not be used as
execute hosts (in the condor sense - they use Globus
for job submission) or as submit hosts. Is this possible ?
I ask because it appears that I need to set HOST_ALLOW_WRITE
for the cluster on the central manager which to my
thinking allows the cluster to be used as a condor submit
host.

One more thing - does the cluster firewall need to be opened
for condor_advertise to work. I'd have though this only needed an
outbound connection from the cluster so it didn't.

regards,

-ian.

Dr. Ian C. Smith
University of Liverpool