Re: [Condor-users] PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host and connection to astro.cs.wisc.edu

> Here's my bet: Your DNS (or equivalent) isn't set up properly.
>
> When Condor checks addresses against the HOSTALLOW settings,
> it uses DNS to check things out, even if you list IP
> addresses. You need to make sure that you can resolve IP
> address to names, and the reverse (names to IP addresses).
>
> This is a common cause of the permission denied errors.
>
> -alain

Thanks for the tip but I've verified that name resolution works OK in both directions (name <=> numerics) for all nodes as well as for the master controller itself.
There was a DNS problem that prevented one of the Linux node to connect initially though but this was fixed some times ago.

----
Fabrice Bouyé (http://fabricebouye.cv.fm/)
Research Officer (Data)
Tel: +687 26 20 00 (Ext 411)