Re: [Condor-users] Stork installation on our working Condor 6.8: confused about credd / authentication

On Fri November 17 2006 5:37 am, François Bachmann wrote:
> Hi all
>
> my sysadmin & myself are trying to implement a Stork server for our
> existing & working Condor pool; it looks like we got lost somewhere around
> the you-will-need-credd-for- Stork-and-certificates-all-around-the-place
> bit :(
>
> I've read the http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/ stork
> /docs/Stork_technical_reference_manual.txt<http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/st
>ork/docs/Stork_technical_reference_manual.txt>thoroughly, and I'm still
> puzzled: the stork_server and credd daemons are
> running (checked the logs, everything's fine) but still no bonus...
>
> Is there any guidance (if possible, step by step) for Stork installation?
> Our Stork server runs well in a Personal Condor environment, but as soon as
> we try to submit Stork jobs from another submit node on our cluster, we get
> authentication errors.

I'm trying to setup some similar tests for myself, but, in the mean time, here
are some general guidelines.

1. Do you have a host certificate for all involved machines, and have them
installed properly?

2. Do you have a user certificate and a valid proxy for it?

3. Do you have the root certificate of the signing authority that signed the
above host and user certificates installed in your "certificates" directory
(usually /etc/grid-security/certificates)?

There's a lot of voodoo to make this all work.

-Nick

--
           <<< The matrix has you. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project