Re: [Condor-users] Securing local filesystem access for Condor onWindows

Patrick,
It's now some time since I have been active with Condor but I did find some
time back that when I sent jobs which depended on files which were on the
System's path (Cygwin1.dll specifically), the jobs failed until I copied the
.dll file across in files_to_transfer. The documentation does say that the
condor_reuse_vm1 user is restricted pretty much to it's own execute
directory.

There is documentation which allows you to set up 1 or 2 local users with
your own restrictions, however loose or tight you wish to make those, and
tell Condor to use those users instead of its own temporary ones. Again,
it's a while since I looked closely into these things but they are there.

Phil Crawford

Philip Crawford B Comp Sc, MIEEE
School of Medical Sciences
The University of NSW, Sydney, NSW, 2052
Phone: +61-2-9385 2564
Fax: +61-2-9385 1059
Email: p.crawford@xxxxxxxxxxx