Re: [Condor-users] Dag log changes in 8.1?

Hi,

R. Kent Wenger wrote:
Hmm -- even in the "old days" the -condorlog file was not the file
that DAGMan writes to.  Condorlog was the file that the node jobs
write to; now there can be multiple user logs for the node jobs.
The log file for the dagman job itself is specified in the submit
file:

    log = <some file name>
I needed the log file that all jobs of the DAG write into. I'm aware that jobs can specify multiple log files but don't use this feature. In the "old days" it was a restriction that we and out scripts
got used to. :)

Can you explain in a little more detail what you're trying to do with this?
I'm using this file to create a quick DAG progress analysis by parsing the file: how many idle/running/held/completed jobs are in this specific dag and - since I add the total number of dag jobs as a custom attribute - calculate the progress as a percentage value. It would be great if all this data was available on the dagman job
as attributes but for now I calculate it for myself using this log file.

Cheers,
Szabolcs