Re: [Condor-users] closing queues

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Michael Rusch wrote:

Depending on your situation, this might not be realistic, but you could
reconfigure any submit machines to be execute-only (i.e. take SCHEDD out of
the DAEMON_LIST).

Michael.

You could take the schedd out of the list but then you will have no idea
on whether the jobs finished or not.

One way that we do it is to do condor_off -peaceful

on all the execute nodes.. then when they finish the job
that they are running they won't start anymore.

There is no schedd setting as far as I know that will let it
keep on running the jobs that it is running but not take any more.
When I've asked before they always say that you have to do it on
the startd side.

Steve