Re: [Condor-users] Running Java Programs

> Hi All
>
> I am facing some problems in running the sample that is provided in the
> Java Applications section in the Manual.  I tried to call the java
> program from a shell script.  Normally the shell script is executing
> fine, but when I submit it as a Condor Job through a submit descriptor
> file it is going to idle state for ever.  The output of the condor_q
> -analyze is attached here for your reference.
>
> Any pointers with respect to the problem?
>
> [aravindh@gridserver1 mytestfiles]$ condor_q -analyze
>

> -- Submitter: gridserver1.wipro.com : <192.168.171.247:40021> :
> gridserver1.wipro.com
>  ID      OWNER            SUBMITTED     RUN_TIME ST PRI SIZE CMD
> ---
> 021.000:  Run analysis summary.  Of 2 machines,
>       0 are rejected by your job's requirements
>       0 reject your job because of their own requirements
>       0 match, but are serving users with a better priority in the pool
>       2 match, match, but reject the job for unknown reasons
>       0 match, but will not currently preempt their existing job
>       0 are available to run your job
>         Last successful match: Wed Nov 29 22:42:22 2006
>
> 1 jobs; 1 idle, 0 running, 0 held

Hi Aravindh,

I've had trouble and actually continue to have some problems with this. A few things I would suggest to you is to (1) check your version of Java on all the machines in your pool [I have found that if each node isn't running the same version you may encounter some problems executing jobs (2) you can check if Java is recognized on your machiens with the condor_status -java command [if there is no output then Java isn't properly installed on your nodes and (3) check if Java is recognized by condor on a certain machine by running the command condor_starter -classad and output should contain some information regarding your Java installation.

Good luck!

Emily