Re: [Condor-users] IN_HIGHPORT/IN_LOWPORT being ignored

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 05:01:19PM -0500, Zachary Miller wrote:

> despite what the manual may say, i added this feature on 2006/02/09 so it
> probably first appeared in version 6.7.17.  so you'll need to upgrade in
> order to use this feature.

finally, a specific excuse to upgrade!  huzzah!

> of course, you can always just use the regular
> LOWPORT/HIGHPORT,

don't tell my manager or i won't get to upgrade.

(kaylea, if you're reading this, um... look, over there!  someone
famous!)

> i'm curious though, where do you see 6.7.5 referenced in the manual in
> relation to this?

turns out i didn't, not quite.  the page i was looking at was the
networking section of the admin guide:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/3_8Networking.html

...where i read, in section 3.8.1.1, about condor_negotiator's behavior
previous to 6.7.5, and from that inferred that the port range controls
i'd just read about moments before worked at least that far back as well.
came from skimming a large document with a specific question in mind, i
think.  oops.

anyhow, thanks for straightening me out.