[Condor-users] How to get the Output of my Program? (Does anyone uses ROOT from CERN here?)

Hi all,

Correct me if I'm wrong...is the Output attribute in the submit file
contains only the cout>> or printf{} of my program? How about getting the
ouputs (not from cout>>) of my program just like the one I've tried from
this site:

http://root.cern.ch/root/html/examples/basic.C.html

Here's what I did:

1. Copy and paste the contents of the above site to basic.C

If you have installed root, you can do the following:

2. Fire the command: root -l basic.C ---> this should produce basic.root
file and you will be prompted to ROOT system.

3. Then, inside the ROOT system, issue the command: TBrowser a --->
Rootfiles directory ill appear and you can use your mouse to click on the
directory to view the histograms and ntuples of this basic.root file.
That's it!

But when I try to submit it to condor using the condor_submit and
transferring all the necessary files, basic.root is NOT produced. The
error contains about display problem. BUT, I DON'T CARE if I can not be
prompted to ROOT sys directly, WHAT I WANTED is the basic.root (output)
file.

Does anyone of you used ROOT? How did you get around with this?
Or does any one have a simple program that works, with the above picture
(more or less).

Thanks,

Sincerely,
Leo