Re: [Condor-users] Execution nodes advertise they are on 127.0.0.1

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for your advise! We will try to implement this at our site.

Cheers,

Luc de Zeeuw
Rotterdam University

>>> Greg.Hitchen@xxxxxxxx 04-10-06 4:25 >>>

We had a similar problem on some PCs and made registry changes so
that the "condor" service depends on the "DHCP Client" service.

We do this as part of our remote install process by having a .reg
file as follows (called condor_depends.reg):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Condor]
"Start"=dword:00000002
"DependOnService"=hex(7):44,00,68,00,63,00,70,00,00,00,00,00

and then using the following command (remotely, we use beyondexec).

regedit /s c:\condor_depends.reg

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Greg