[Condor-users] symlinks, local and NFS disks, and DAGMan

Hi,

with 6.8.1, DAGMan refuses to start a workflow that has the Condor common user log on an NFS disk. So I leave a symlink to a local disk, to satisfy it. Unfortunately, DAGMan has developed a habit of removing the common log when it finds one (without backups, mind you!), eliminating my symlink, and then dies complaining again. It is virtually impossible to run anything until I move manually the whole workflow to a local disk - I am against hard-coding an absolute path to my log file. I do understand that Linux NFS cannot be trusted (I've been burned myself often enough on it), so I see why it complains. However, the removal of prior logs screws my work-around symlink, never mind my post mortem processing of data should I restart a workflow. Do you think this feature (I am talking about the log removal) of DAGMan is fixable?

Aloha,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler   voeckler at isi dot edu
University of Southern California Viterbi School of Engineering
Information Sciences Institute; 4676 Admiralty Way Ste 1001
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292-6611; USA; +1 310 448 8427
* You can rely on any shared filesystems for only one thing - don't! *