Re: [Condor-users] XP execution nodes advertise they are on 127.0.0.1

Hi,

net stop condor
net start condor

solves the problem for some particular PC.

The challenge is now to start the service Condor long enough after starting the DHCP service.

I tried the previous suggestion of Greg.Hitchen@xxxxxxxx again but this does not solves the problem yet.

Cheers,

Luc de Zeeuw

>>> Peter.DeVoil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10-10-2006 2:39 >>>
Hi,

I had a similar problem with an old cisco router that was taking too
long to bring up an interface - the dhcp client would time out and bind
some default windows IP address (169...) - not loopback as you describe
below - and then condor would start up thinking DHCP was working. By the
time you log into the machine, the DHCP client has reconfigured for the
correct address..

If you google "cisco port fast" you'll get somewhere..