[Condor-users] MySQL based computation on condor

Hii All

I want to  run a perl program  using condor , Uptill now i had a perl program running serially on the server with string comparison from the database , picks up a string and compares with ( n-1) strings present in the database , and then writes to the database in the corresponding tuple where the string match was found, so this takes up a lot of time as i have a huge data which needs to be compared.

Now i want to run this job parallely. will i be able to run the same script using the Parallel::MPI module.

How will the program run on multiprocessor accessing database present on the main server. The MySql Database is present on the main rocks cluster server which has the sequences stored inside it.

I dont have any idea to configure the MySQL accordingly.

My main query is regarding the access of database from all the nodes during the computation time and how will each node write to the database. i guess conflicts might arise in that case.

is this achievable on CONDOR. I need some starting info to guide on the same.

Regards
Abhishek

-----------------------------
Abhishek Pratap