Re: [Condor-users] SMP configuration

On Oct 25, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Peter Myerscough-Jackopson wrote:
I am aware of the NUM_CPUS directive, but it states in the documentation that each VM can not reference the state of another VM.

This was true a long time ago, but has been possible for a few years now. See this section of the manual on STARTD_VM_EXPRS for more information:

  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_3Configuration.html#12150

Our white paper on the Bologna Batch System may also be useful for a specific example of Condor VMs whose policy expressions reference one another:

  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~pfc/bologna_batch_system.html

(An updated version of the paper should be released soon, but the existing version should be helpful nonetheless.)

Good luck,

-Peter

--
Peter Couvares                        University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences