Re: [Condor-users] access denied when running vbscript jobs withcscript.exe

Figured it out.  In case anybody is interested:

Needed to do step #5 from Microsoft KB221081 on the execute nodes:
Create registry keys:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows Scripting Host
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows Scripting Host\Settings
Create registry entries in the Settings key just created:
BatchMode: REG_DWORD: 0
DisplayLogo: REG_DWORD: 0
Timeout: REG_DWORD: 0

That was the key thing.  Two other pitfalls:

1. I couldn't specify the vbscript as the executable.  It had to be a
parameter to cscript.exe

2. Needed the path to cscript.exe.  To do this, I created a wrapper batch
script:
SET PATH=%PATH%;%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32
cscript %*
I didn't just use the Environment option in the submit file because the
location of cscript is relative to SYSTEMROOT which isn't available to
condor as it sets up the environment.  Setting it in the batch script
worked.

Hope this helps somebody.

Michael.