Re: [Condor-users] New to Condor

On 10/31/06, Brent Snow, Mr. <brent.snow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

          I am new to Condor and have set it up one time in a local (one
computer) environment to get my feet wet, I have since reformatted that
computer and added two other computers to the pool. All computers are
running FC5, and all updates have been applied. I have installed Condor on
one computer as Master, I have installed Condor on another computer as
Submit, Execute, and the third computer is for execute only. The
installation went ok, and the daemons are running on all of the computers. I
went to the master node and typed in condor_status, thinking I would see the
two computers, that I have set up as Execute, but I do not receive any sort
of output.

          Did I do something wrong?
          Is there a way to see if this is working or not?
          Thanks for the help. Brent

Brent Snow

SYTACOM Systems Administrator

McGill University

514-398-1355

Check that the exec nodes have the central manager configured, like this:

CONDOR_HOST = name.of.your.central.machine

Also, you can check the log files.

--
Diego Bello Carreño
Estudiante Memorista de Ingeniería Civil Informática