Re: [Condor-users] Restrict pool to a single submit machine

Hello,

> I don't believe having a single submit machine is a Good Thing - it's going to be overloaded with startd processes (one for every job submitted), so it's  bound to be the bottleneck of your pool.

Yes, I'm well aware of this situation; however my question was a little
bit more general (and I'm well aware that I did not make that very clear
from the beginning).

What I really meant is that we want to centrally control all submit
machines, more like a group of front-end nodes for our grid. For the
moment we have only one submit machine, in the future we may expand to a
few more, depending on the success of our local grid. What we want to
avoid is to have someone deploy a submit machine.

> It looks like what you need is some serious accounting within Condor, based on the user ID of the submitter (check http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/CondorWeek2006/presentations/tannenba_accounting.ppt for more details on group accounting and priorities).

I will take a look at this presentation, thank you for the pointer!

best regards,

Pascal