[Condor-users] calling condor_submit from script

On multiple occasions I have wished for an option to call condor_submit synchronously in a script.  Here by "synchronously", I simply mean that condor_submit would not exit until all the Condor jobs it spawns are finished running.  I know I could probably use DAGman to achieve a similar effect.  But, I've found DAGman to be somewhat difficult to use for a few reasons that I won't bother getting into here.  Is there such a synchronous way to call condor_submit?

Thanks.