Re: [Condor-users] reserving node for special jobs

Nagaraj,

I'm not a Condor expert but Condor has no notion of
advance reservation.
But you can configure certain hosts for the
"Computing On Demand" (COD) feature.

This is not a true reservation mechanism, but can be
(ab)used for a scenario similar to reservations:
COD jobs don't participate in matchmaking but must be
submitted to a host directly. If you submit a COD job to a
host this job will start immediately. A possibly running
"normal" job will be suspended and will be resumed after
the COD job finished.

(have a look at the online manual chapter 4.3 for details)

hope that helps,

Martin

Nagaraj Panyam schrieb:
Hi,

We have a set of compute nodes, all identical in hardware and OS. If I want to reserve one or two of these nodes for a special set of jobs, how can Condor help me do that? And how do I launch the special jobs into those reserved nodes?

Thanks for any help.
Regards,
Nagaraj