Re: [Condor-users] reserving node for special jobs

> Is there a way to have two VMs on a machine and dedicate one of them
> always running jobs from only a given user? It seems like there have
been
> configs for this discussed in the past -- if so, can someone point me
to the
> docs? Thanks, ~Brooklin

Check the SMP configuration section in the manual:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_13Setting_Up.html#sec:Config
uring-SMP

It can be done but it makes for very large expressions. We use this here
at Altera to good effect. For example, we allow our users with SMP
machines to dedicate one CPU on their desktop to our system at all
times, while the other CPU goes into the Owner state during working
hours.

For my examples you can modify them so as to dedicate just the first VM
to your special jobs like this:

START = ((VirtualMachineID == 1) && MySpecialJob) || (VirtualMachineID
!= 1)

This would make the first VM available only to special jobs, but all
other VMs would run any jobs.

> PS: Hi Ian

Hey Brooklin! I haven't forgotten about the EUG! It's all about finding
the time... :-)

- Ian