[Condor-users] file transfer problem -- 2 NICs

I have a rocks cluster and use condor for job submission and distribution. My setup is a little unusually because the CM is not on the rocks head node. This is causing some problems that I hope someone can help me with. Here's my setup:

Rocks head node: 2 NICs. I'll use OUT to refer to the address visible to the world and IN as the address visible inside the cluster.

The head node: Masterd and Schedd.
Compute nodes: Masterd and Startd.

CM (Collector and Negotiator) is outside the Rocks cluster.
Compute nodes are all visible to the CM and to other submit nodes via HIGHPORT/LOWPORT range.

The rocks head node has the following config:

NETWORK_INTERFACE = OUT
BIND_ALL_INTERFACES = TRUE

With this setup I can successfully submit to any startd nodes outside the Rocks cluster from the rocks head node and other submit nodes (outside the rocks cluster) can successfully run on any of the Rock cluster compute (startd) nodes.

The problem occurs only when I attempt to submit jobs from the rocks head node with the requirement that they run on the rocks compute nodes. In other words:

rocks_head -> outside_startd     works
outside_schedd -> rocks_compute  works
rocks_head -> rocks_compute      DOESN'T work

After the jobs are submitted and successfully matched to one of the rocks compute nodes I get the following error messages:

Shadow log on submit node:

9/7 18:13:02 (692.1) (11543): ERROR "Error from starter on vm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Failed to transfer files" at line 597 in file pseudo_ops.C

from user submit log file:

007 (692.002.000) 09/07 18:14:42 Shadow exception!
Error from starter on vm1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Failed to transfer files

Any suggestion?

Jim

--