From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of o c
Sent: 14 September 2006 17:04
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] macros expansion in transfer_input_files

Hi,
I posted a similar question a while ago and Todd Tannenbaum replied with the solution. (Thanks again, very useful.)

Use the + operator for overriding the values read by condor_submit with runtime evaluated classads like this:

Universe = vanilla
Executable = foo_$$(OPSYS).bat

Output = foo.out
+Out = "foo_$$(OPSYS)_$(PROCESS).out"

Error = foo.err
+Err = "foo_$$(OPSYS)_$(PROCESS).err"

Log = foo.log

# This is what you want, I think
# foo.in can be a dummy empty file
Transfer_input_files = foo.in
+TransferInput = "foo_$$(OPSYS).in"
.
.
.
Queue

"Smith, Ian" <I.C.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible at all to specify an input file based on the
target hostname e.g.

transfer_input_files = input_$$(Name)

I get an error saying something like can't "open input_$$(Name)
with flags 00" so I'm guessing that the macro _expression_ must
be capable of being evaluated at submit time (rather than
when the requirements are matched).

Any chance of this being implemented. I saw a similar query
in

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2006-August/msg00274.shtm

Guess the workaround is just transfer everything everywhere - seems
wasteful
though.

cheers,

-ian.