[Condor-users] rsh failure

Hello,

I am submitting an MPI job to Condor.  However, the job is sitting in an
idol state but is outputting an error. The error is caused by an rsh
failure.  I setup Fedora Core 5 on two machines and I have disable the
firewalls.

I tried to run the rsh from one machine to another separately.

When I attempt to contact one machine from the other, the following is
output.

------------------------

[root@gis10 sbin]# rsh -l root gis18.exp.sis.xxx.xxx
connect to address 136.142.xxx.xxx port 543: Connection refused
Trying krb4 rlogin...
connect to address 136.142.xxx.xxx port 543: Connection refused
trying normal rlogin (/usr/bin/rlogin)
Password:

I have enabled the rsh and rlogin services on each machine.

------------------------

As you notice, the rlogin appears to work.  However, this does not help me
with the rsh problem.  Someone suggested I check if rsh is running.  I
started the service myself.  Just to be sure, when I check if rsh is on, I
get the following

------------------------

chkconfig --list | grep rsh
rsh: on