[Condor-users] Job XYZ rejected: insufficient priority

Dear List,

I have a problem with my condor cluster: a user has already 4 jobs
running on a cluster with 20 CPUs. His effective priority is 4.03
(using
condor_userprio -allusers). This user has 3 more jobs on queue, and
they stay idle even if there are more than 10 CPUs doing nothing
(Idle). I've checked the requirements of the 3 more jobs, and they are
satisfied by all the nodes in the cluster. Parsing the SchedLog, I see
that the 3 idle jobs are rejected because of "insufficient priority".
I can have the idle jobs run on the cluster, still using the priority
to balance the load among users? It sounds strange to me that the 3
jobs are not sent to 3 idle nodes. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Is the user priority 4.03 too high? Can I change something in the
condor_config file to increase the maximum priority?

Using Condor 6.8.0 on Linux x86-64.

Regards,
Pasquale