From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pasquale
Tricarico
Sent: Friday, 22 September 2006 9:09 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: [Condor-users] Job XYZ rejected: insufficient priority

Dear List,

I have a problem with my condor cluster: a user has already 4 jobs
running on a cluster with 20 CPUs. His effective priority is 4.03 (using
condor_userprio -allusers). This user has 3 more jobs on queue, and they
stay idle even if there are more than 10 CPUs doing nothing (Idle). I've
checked the requirements of the 3 more jobs, and they are satisfied by
all the nodes in the cluster. Parsing the SchedLog, I see that the 3
idle jobs are rejected because of "insufficient priority".
I can have the idle jobs run on the cluster, still using the priority to
balance the load among users? It sounds strange to me that the 3 jobs
are not sent to 3 idle nodes. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Is the user priority 4.03 too high? Can I change something in the
condor_config file to increase the maximum priority?

Using Condor 6.8.0 on Linux x86-64.

Regards,
Pasquale

The archives can be found at either
http://www.opencondor.org/spaces/viewmailarchive.action?key=CONDOR

********************************DISCLAIMER****************************
The information contained in the above e-mail message or messages
(which includes any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the use of the person or entity
to which it is addressed.  If you are not the addressee any form of
disclosure, copying, modification, distribution or any action taken
or omitted in reliance on the information is unauthorised.  Opinions
contained in the message(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions
of the Queensland Government and its authorities.  If you received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete it from your computer system network.