Re: [Condor-users] Executables with dynamic linking

Hi,

I have a user who does just that. It's a bit messy but it does seem to work. Assuming you are running on Linux, the trick is to transfer the real executable and library using the "transfer_input_files" line and submit a shell script as the "executable". The shell script sets the environment (sets up LD_LIBRARY_PATH) and runs the real job.

So to run an executable called DLPOLY.X, which reads three input files (CONFIG, CONTROL and FIELD) and needs the library libcxa.so.3 we have the following submit file:

Universe             = vanilla
Executable           = job.sh

transfer_input_files  = CONFIG,CONTROL,DLPOLY.X,FIELD,libcxa.so.3
transfer_files        = ALWAYS

Requirements = OpSys == "LINUX" && Memory > 1000

Output       = job.out
Log          = job.log
Error        = job.error
Queue

And job.sh looks like:

#!/bin/sh
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`
chmod 755 DLPOLY.X libcxa.so.3
./DLPOLY.X
/bin/gzip HISTORY

(we compress the results - which may be several Gb of ascii - before we finish return the results).

Cheers,

Andrew