Re: [Condor-users] Latest attempts at SOAP SSL w/ tight config

David E. Konerding wrote:
OK.

Thanks for clarifying some of the problems I was having with restrictive permissions on SOAP SSL. I adjusted HOSTALLOW_WRITE to correspond to ALLOW_WRITE and removed comments at the end of config variable lines.

I'm following up on this so that there's a searchable email trail in case somebody else hits this problem. At the end of the day, Matt Farrellee pointed out that my Condor SOAP SSL code was talking to the Collector using an https URL, but then when I talked to the Schedd to switched to using an http URL. This was a bug in my code, which I have fixed. However, it seems that the Collector does not inform a client of the Condor SOAP web service what the Schedd's SSL port is, so there is no way to discover a Schedd's dynamic SSL port automatically. If this is indeed true it will be fixed in a future Condor release.
In the interim I will be using a static Schedd SSL port.

dave